Why become a TOIT volunteer?
Volunteering with TOIT offers you a chance to make a personal difference in the lives of our children while enriching your own life at the same time ! Whether you are coming to Nepal or going to help us in your own country – we have projects that await your energy and enthusiasm. Your program may last from a few days or weeks, to six months or even a year ! We will ensure that your time and energy are well spent. Volunteering is a great way to live in and learn about another culture and an experience you will remember all your life!
Benefits of Volunteering with TOIT
Our efforts focus on providing support to the children. We do not arrange trekking or sightseeing tours, but can direct you to reliable, economical guides and tour operators. When you visit us as a TOIT Volunteer, we will help you arrange housing, meals, and transportation at a reasonable cost.
Accommodation can be arranged in local guesthouse or home stay. Prices range from 10 to 20 € per day per person.
Meals of western style are available in many tourist restaurants or you can have typical Nepali food at such local restaurants. Food prices are low in Nepal as compared to western parts and you can eat well for around Euros 5 per day per person!
Transportation to the airport, Kathmandu or other sites is easily arranged by buses, taxis or bicycles. Inside Bhaktapur you probably won’t need any transportation, since all major sites including the school are within walking distance from the city center and TOIT office.
Our Staff will be here to help you settle in, learn all the tricks of Nepali life, and introduce you to Nepali people and culture. We want your stay with us to be pleasant and productive. After your involvement in the project, you will receive an official certificate for your service stating involvement, achievements and duties of your work with TOIT. If you have any question please contact us for further details.
Volunteering opportunities with TOIT
- Teach supplemental Arts and Crafts, Games and Sports, or other useful classes for students in our school.
- Organize an Art Day at school, or take a group of the students on a day trip to a museum, factory, or nearby historic site.
- Help us give introductory courses to our students so that they get to know life and cultural aspect of your country.
- Work in any capacity from bricklayer to librarian in our school.
- Bring us your own idea for a project that uses your individual skills and talents or contact us for upcoming events !
In your country…
- Use our leaflet to convey TOIT mission and vision to family, friends or colleagues.
- Invite one of our Sponsors, Past Volunteers or Other Supporter to talk to your social or civic group about TOIT. Contact us to find out if someone is available in your area.
- Join the TOIT Community and help us to raise support for the children in Nepal in your country !
- Organize fund raising programme for TOIT Projects. Document required can be forwarded on request.
- Organize programme for TOIT Conference in your country.
Start helping NOW
If you are interested in becoming a TOIT volunteer, please read our Rules and Regulations (pdf) and fill out the Registration Form (pdf or docx). If you should require any further information about volunteering in TOIT, please feel free to contact us and we will be glad to answer your questions or start planning your programme with TOIT in Nepal !